Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 4 - 27/9/2009

Today was a pretty easy day regarding the expander. I have nothing new to report so I have decided to explain a bit more about my procedure.

The procedure itself will take about 2 and a half years. That would make me 16 when this whole thing is finished. So, as you know I currently have an expander in my mouth. I should have this in for about 4 to 6 weeks, depending how long my jaw takes. This will prevent me from talking, eating and even breathing. When I go back to school, it is going to be annoying as mum will not be there to clean out my expander after lunch. I will then have to wait until just before dinner to get it cleaned out.

After the expander, I will have braces put in to move my into their correct position for about 2 years and 5 months. For some of this time, I may have the expander in, just to make sure that my mouth doesn't become thin again.

After the braces, I will have a retainer to keep everything in place.

Well, that is my procedure.

FOOD SUMMARY:
B - Baby Cereal (Easy) and Raisin Toast (Easy, but had food stuck in my mouth)
L - Macaroni Cheese (Ok, food stuck)
Di - Cheesy Shell Bolognase (Ok, Food Stuck)
De - Nutrigrain (Easy)

No comments:

Post a Comment