Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 1 - 24/9/2009

Yesterday, I got the expander in at 2.30pm. It was very disgusting when the cement went in. I had to have it in for a minute or two and the orthodontist sucked it out. It was only when I got home and had some food that the taste was gone. When I arrived home, I tried to have dinner, Chicken and Couscous, but failed badly. I was able to have about one chicken wing and maybe a few tablespoons of couscous. Mum picked out the chicken/couscous that got stuck in my expander and then after that I had some Ice cream which was easy as any food that got stuck just melted.

A few hours later, about 8.30, I had some Nutrigrain cereal with milk and I was able to eat that, I guess because it was mushy. I also had some 8 hour panadol before I went to bed so the expander gave me no pain. I was surprised when I was having the Panadol, I was surprised how hard it was. After a few tries, I think I knocked the tablet onto my expander and that knocked it down my throat. The second tablet was easier as I used the same strategy.

This is a picture of an expander similar to mine.


Anyway, that was my day with the expander.

FOOD SUMMARY:
Di - Chicken and Couscous (Not much)
De - Ice Cream (Easy)
S - Nutrigrain with milk (Easy)

No comments:

Post a Comment